This will become a favorite comfort food for those on a gluten free diet.
- 20 ounces (about 5 cups) frozen cubed butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 box Ancient Harvest™ Supergrain Pasta Shells
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated sharp cheddar cheese (or gruyere, pepperjack, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 425° F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss frozen squash with 1 Tbsp. oil.
- Roast squash for 30-40 minutes until starting to turn golden. Stir a few times while cooking.
- After roasting cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook shells according to package instructions, until slightly al dente.
- Drain and rinse in a colander with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion for 5-7 minutes until soft. Stir frequently.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Stir constantly.
- Add the squash, onion, garlic, vegetable broth, milk, and salt to your blender.
- Blend until completely smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add sauce to a large pot and cook the sauce over medium-low for about 5-7 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the pasta and cheese until cheese melts. Serve hot.
Recipe provided by Ancient Harvest