This great tasting summer rice salad is a great way to showcase the rainbow-hued cauliflower available at farmers markets this time of year.
- 1 pound cauliflower, any color, riced (4 cups)
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into ¼-inch dice (1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ¼-inch dice (1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen green peas (5 ounces)
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen yellow corn (5 ounces)
- ¼ small red onion, cut into ¼-inch dice (¼ cup)
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1 pinch sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, bell peppers, peas, corn, onion, cilantro, lemon juice, and almonds. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well.