Using nutty and flavorful flours, these crowd-pleasing rolls are light and delicious. For gluten-free flour, we prefer to use weight measurements as they are the most accurate, but cup measurements work, too.
- 1 cup warm (105° to 110°F) water
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast (3/4 teaspoons more than 1 [1/4-ounce] package)
- 3/4 cup (100 grams) sorghum flour
- 3/4 cup (100 grams) almond flour
- 3/4 cup (100 grams) potato starch
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Olive spray oil
In a small bowl, combine water, flaxseed and honey. Sprinkle yeast over the top. Let sit until a bubbly foam forms on top, about 5 minutes.
In a stand mixer with the dough hook attached, combine sorghum flour, almond flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, salt, oil and yeast mixture. Knead on medium-high speed until mixture is well combined, 5 to 7 minutes. (The dough will resemble thick pancake batter.) Cover loosely and let sit in a warm spot until dough is doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin pan with spray oil. Evenly divide dough among the prepared cups (dough will deflate when moved). Bake until rolls are puffed and golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately; these rolls are best when warm.
Source: Whole Foods