Homemade marshmallows are so much better than store bought in every way. And these homemade treats will make sure your smores are gluten free!
- 3 TBSP unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1.5 cups lukewarm water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- Soak the gelatin in the 1/3 cup cold water bowl and allow to swell for about 10 minutes.
- While the gelatin is soaking, dissolve the sugar in the 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water over low heat in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Add the swollen gelatin and dissolve, then bring it all to a boil for 13-15 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool until lukewarm.
- Pour into a bowl and add the vanilla. Beat the mixture until very thick with a handmixer.
- Spray a 9×9 pan with cooking spray and pour in the mixture into an even layer.
- Allow to cool and firm, cut into squares, and sprinkle with powdered sugar if wanted.