Lemon cookies made easy with this delightful recipe. Drizzle with a vanilla glaze and sprinkle with shredded coconut to make the perfect Derby Day dessert!
- For the Cookies
- 1¼ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Glaze
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ⅓ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together gluten-free all-purpose flour, baking powder, poppy seeds and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the sugar, butter, egg, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the cookies are golden.
- For the glaze, combine sugar, salt, lemon juice, milk and butter in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cookies and sprinkle with shredded coconut.