Tired of going to sandwich shops and not being able to get the Soup & Sandwich Lunch special? Mix and match some of our soup and sandwich recipes for the perfect at home lunch treat.
This recipe is: Corn-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Rice-Free, Soy-Free
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced (white & light green portions only)
- 1 cup finely chopped leeks
- 2 pounds new potatoes, quartered
- 1 quart chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1-2 cups water or additional stock
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Fresh chives, diced, for garnish
- Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large stock pot. Add scallions and leeks and sauté until soft, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and chicken stock to pot. Add enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are soft and cooked through, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend soup with an immersion blender or in batches in a high-powered blender.
- Stir in lemon juice and remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chives.