Garlic powder and onion give summer veggies a nice flavor. Combined with canned tomatoes, this dish can be eaten as a side dish or serve over whole grain pasta or brown rice.
1 onion, small
1 tablespoon olive oil (or canola oil)
1 1/2 yellow summer squash, small and sliced (can use 1-2 squash)
1 1/2 zucchini, small and sliced (can use 1-2 zucchini)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
1 can diced Italian tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated)
1. In large skillet, heat oil.
2. To heated oil, add squash and onion. Cook on medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes.
4. Season with garlic powder to taste. Add salt and pepper (optional), if desired.
5. Serve warm, topped with Parmesan cheese.