If you love dyeing Easter Eggs but always feel faced with a dilemma about using them when the egg hunting fun is through, this tasty deviled egg recipe may be just what you are looking for.
- 12?hard boiled eggs
- 1?ounce?Neufchatel Cheese or Cream Cheese
- 1?tablespoon?Pickled Jalapeno peppers?, diced*
- 1 ??teaspoons?Adobo sauce*^
- 1/8?teaspoon?Ancho chile powder
- 1/8?teaspoon?Sumac?, ground**
- Alderwood smoked salt and pepper?(to taste)
- Garnish: Smoked Paprika?, 2 scallions (white and lower 2 inches of the green stalk) finely diced
Cut hard boiled eggs in half horizontally. Place yolks in a large in a small chopper or blender (note: the batch is too small for a food processor but I wanted to blend it in the same way a food processor would). Add all the other ingredients?except?the smoked salt and pepper (and garnish). Pulse until the mixture is fully mixed and smooth. Add the smoked salt (only a tiny bit is needed; it can become overpowering quickly) and pepper.
Spoon or pipe (with a pastry bag and star tip) into the egg white halves. Gently sprinkle with smoked paprika and sprinkle with diced scallions. Best served at room temperature. May be stored completely sealed in the refrigerator for a few days. Do not allow to sit out at hot temperatures due to the mayonnaise.