Here is an easy to make shortbread cookie. These four ingredients mix together quickly, making them a great choice for short batch runs. And who doesn’t like fresh from the oven cookies?
YIELD: 24 TO 36 COOKIES
- 2-1/2 cups almond flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup erythritol (or other granular sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use an electric mixer to beat together the butter and erythritol until fluffy and light in color. Beat in the vanilla extract, then the almond flour, 1/2 cup at a time. The dough will be dense and a little crumbly, but should stick when pressed together.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie to about 1/3-inch thick. (Make them thicker or thinner to taste. They will not spread or thin out during baking.)
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden. Allow to cool completely in the pan before handling (cookies will harden as they cool).
Source: Bob’s Red Mill