Summer is here and with it brings camping, backyard barbecues, and roasting marshmallows over the fire. If you are worried about food allergies, whip up these AIP S’mores from eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R. so everyone in the family can enjoy these grain-free, dairy-free, and nut-free s’mores, year-round!
- 1 bag of eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R. Sugar Cookie Mix
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 7 tbsp sweetener (such as 4 TBSP maple syrup and 3 TBSP Honey)
- 1 cup carob chips
- 2 bags AIP friendly marshmallows (such as Sweet Apricity)
- Prepare and make “chocolate” bars: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Line a small brownie tray with parchment paper, melt down the carob chips, and pour into the brownie tray. Place the “chocolate” into the freezer to harden. We use Missy J’s…but note, there is sunflower lecithin in these chips, making it not compliant for full elimination phase of AIP. You can also make your own carob bars using carob powder, maple syrup, coconut oil and salt!
- Make the cookie dough: Into a bowl, pour your eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R. Sugar Cookie Mix. Add 1 tsp of Cinnamon. Stir melted coconut oil and water into the sugar cookie mix as directed. We then used half honey and half maple syrup – to create that graham cracker taste. Once it forms a dough, let it sit for 10 minutes at room temperature. Press cookie dough into a ¼” sheet on the baking tray and place in oven.
- Bake: Bake for 8-10 minutes. Then, remove from oven, immediately place another baking tray on top, and lightly press down on the cookie sheet to flatten. Bake for another 4-5 minutes. Remove, cut into 1” squares, and allow to cool.
- Assemble: Remove “chocolate” from the fridge and cut into 1” squares. Take one cookie square and layer on one “chocolate” square and one marshmallow on top. Microwave for 5 seconds to allow marshmallow to melt and sandwich with another cookie square. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply