A refreshing summer salad!
This recipe is: Corn-Free, Dairy Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Rice-Free, Soy-Free
Total Time: 45 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup amaranth grain
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 3 scallions, chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, chiffonade cut
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- In a pot over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil. Add in the amaranth grain, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer until water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and cool completely.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together cooled amaranth grain, cucumber, tomato, scallions and mint leaves.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, orange juice, red wine vinegar, honey and salt. Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking until an emulsified dressing forms.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss together until well coated. Cover and chill until ready to serve.