This dish reminds me most of fall and growing up in the Adirondacks. When it bakes, the scent of brown sugar and apples will fill your rooms, creating a sense of home. If you love topping, try doubling the amounts in this recipe.
This recipe is:?Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Rice-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
Total Time:?1 min
Prep Time:?15 mins
- 6 cups apples, peeled and thinly sliced (about 5 medium apples)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- ? cup butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- ? cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ? cup oats (I used Bob?s Red Mill Quick Cooking Gluten-Free)
- ? cup light brown sugar
- ? cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8? glass baking dish.
- Place half of the fruit (apples, raspberries, and peaches) in the dish; top with 2 tablespoons butter, ? teaspoon cinnamon, ? cup sugar, and half the lemon juice.
- Add the remaining apples, 2 tablespoons butter, ? teaspoon cinnamon, ? cup sugar, and half the lemon juice.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ? teaspoon cinnamon, salt, oats, brown sugar, ? cup sugar, and cornstarch. Mix well and press firmly over apples.
- Bake 1 hour. Serve hot?try it ? la mode!
Leave a Reply