The perfect summer time dessert.
Total Time: 65 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
For the Filling
- 2 cups cherries, cut in half, seed and stem removed
- 3 Golden Delicious apples, cored and chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
For the Topping
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the cherries, apples, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, ground cinnamon and ginger. Mix until well combined. Pour the fruit mixture into the prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- To make the topping, in a mixing bowl, whisk together the gluten-free all-purpose flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder. Using a fork or pastry cutter, add in the butter and olive oil and mix until the mixture forms pea-like crumbles. You can also do this step in the food processor.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the fruit. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until bubbly and golden. Served topped with vanilla ice cream if desired.