Try this easy muffin recipe that will make you house smell great.
This recipe is:?Corn-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
Yields: Yield: 12 muffins
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 15 mins
For the Crumb Topping
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup gluten-free quick cook oats (we used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Muffin Batter
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (we used Namaste Perfect Gluten-Free Flour Blend)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced in small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, prepare topping by mixing together butter, brown sugar, pecans, oats, cinnamon, and salt. Using your hands, crumble the mixture together until it has formed into crumbs. Set aside until ready to use.
- To make the muffin batter, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well and scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Add sour cream and mix until well combined. Slowly add flour mixture gradually and mix until well combined. Using a spatula, fold in apples.
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin pan and top with crumb topping. Using a knife, gently fold some of the topping into the muffins to form streaks.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool before serving.
Leave a Reply