This recipe that can be made for breakfast or dessert and this Apple Dessert Pizza is just that. This recipe uses half a package of Bob’s Red Mill® Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix; use the other half to make your favorite meat lovers or veggie pizza, or you can make this on the weekend and bake the other half with eggs and veggies for a delicious brunch.
- 1 ½ cups warm Water, about 110°F
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 16 oz pkg Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix
- Yeast Packet (included in mix)
- 1 cup Apple Butter
- 1 large Apple, sliced thin for layering
- ¼ cup Turbinado Sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 10-inch cast iron skillet or pan with parchment paper.
- Combine water, eggs, olive oil, mix and yeast in a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined. Dough will be very sticky; wetting hands lightly with water or oil will prevent sticking while working with the dough. Leave dough in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Divide dough in half and spread one half into the prepared pan and press to the edges. Reserve the other half for another use.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread apple butter over partially baked crust. Starting from the outer edge, layer apple slices in a spiral. Sprinkle apples with turbinado sugar and bake for an additional 15-18 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
Source: Bobs Red Mill