A fall or winter treat that is sweet and moist!
Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
For the Cake
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- Sprinkle of fresh nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup plain full-fat yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large apple, cored and finely diced
- ½ cup chopped pecans
For the Icing
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a round cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine gluten-free all-purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy and yellow. Add eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating before adding the next one.
- Add yogurt and vanilla and mix to combine. Add in the flour mixture in 3 additions, incorporating fully between additions.
- Fold in apples and pecans. Pour the batter into prepared cake pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- To make the icing, in a bowl, combine powdered sugar and water, whisking to form icing. Drizzle over cooled cake.