Are you craving something appley (that’s a word right?) but too lazy to make a pie? These Apple Spice Bars are. Yum!
- 2 cups golden raisins
- ¾ cup water
- 1 ½ cups Tree Top 38° Brix Apple Purée
- ½ cup Tree Top Pear Puree
- ¾ cup butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of apple pie spice
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 13×9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium sauce pan combine the raisins and water and cook on medium heat until most of the water has evaporated and the raisins are caramelized.
- In a large bowl, combine the raisins with apple sauce, apple purée, pear purée butter and eggs.
- Mix in the flours, baking soda and salt. Add the vanilla and apple pie spice.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan and cook at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe courtesy of United Sorghum Checkoff Program