Breakfast is the first and most important meal of the day. It gives you the energy and, we hope, the nutrition to get you through your day.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 cups Cream of Rice cereal, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup finely diced green apple
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Oil, for frying
- Mix flour, rice cereal, sugar, ground cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in large bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg yolks, milk, and 1-tablespoon oil with wire whisk until well blended. Fold in apples. Add to flour mixture; stir until well blended. Let stand 10 min.
- Meanwhile, heat 1? inches of oil in a heavy saucepan or electric skillet to 375?F.
- Beat egg whites on high speed with electric mixer until stiff peaks form; gently stir into batter. Drop by teaspoonful into hot oil; cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Cool completely before serving.
charles tomasella says
is there a replacement for the uncooked cream of rice cereal ?
Can’t find in store.
Look in the baby food area