This will become a weekly lunch favorite!
This recipe is: Corn-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Rice-Free, Soy-Free
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 6 large eggs
- 5 slices of bacon
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, seed removed and diced
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, add eggs and enough water to cover the eggs. Bring the water to a boil over high heat and boil for 1 minute. Remove the pot from the heat and cover. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse the eggs with cold water. Let stand until cool to the touch and then gently remove the egg shell.
- In a pan, cook the bacon according to package instructions until crispy. Crumble the bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- Chop the cooled and peeled hard-boiled eggs and place in bowl. In separate small bowl, mix together the avocado, yogurt, red wine vinegar and chives. Add this mixture to eggs and gently mix together. Fold in bacon and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve the egg salad on toasted gluten-free bread, on top of lettuce or with chopped vegetables like celery and carrots.