This easy to make Baked Chicken Legs recipe is seriously the best! Chicken drumsticks are seasoned with simple spices and oven baked until perfectly tender, juicy and crispy.
- 12 chicken drumsticks (about 2 ¼ pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- ½ cup French dressing
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a paper towel to pat the chicken dry. Generously season all sides with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, whisk together the BBQ sauce, dressing, vinegar, and garlic and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until browned (you may need to do this in 2 batches).
- Remove the chicken from the skillet to the bowl with the sauce. Toss to coat and place on the prepared baking sheet; reserve the extra marinade. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the baking sheet from the oven and increase the temperature to 425°F. Spoon all the reserved sauce over the chicken. Return to the oven and bake until the glaze on the skin is caramelized, about 15 minutes more.
- Serve the chicken on a platter and pour any marinade from the baking sheet over it.
Leave a Reply