Break out the grill for this mouthwatering seafood dish! Chopped fresh mango perfectly complements the sweet and spicy barbecue shrimp in this exotic dish, while jalapeño peppers add some kick.
- 20 frozen large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (26 to 30 per pound)
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 cup chopped fresh mango (about 1 medium mango)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped and seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Thaw shrimp according to package directions.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions, omitting salt; set aside.
- Meanwhile, thread shrimp onto 4 metal skewers, leaving 1/8-inch space between shrimp. In small bowl stir together barbecue sauce and ginger. Grill shrimp on greased rack of uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once and brushing frequently with sauce mixture.
- Stir mango, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice into hot rice. Spoon onto serving plates. Serve shrimp on top of rice mixture.