In the mood for Mexican? Call up some friends and enjoy these delicious and festive dishes! Or, make it a fiesta night for the family. No matter the occasion, tasty tacos and flavorful salsas are the perfect way to spice up any meal.
Yields: 6 servings
Total Time: 4 to 4 ½ hours
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 3 pound beef brisket, cut into 3 equal pieces
- 2 cups sliced yellow onions
- 1½ cups tomato sauce
- 1½ cups gluten-free lager beer
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup gluten-free soy sauce
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 18 corn tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the brisket in a large roasting pan or casserole dish. Arrange onions on top and around the sides of the brisket.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together tomato sauce, gluten-free beer, brown sugar, gluten-free soy sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and chili powder. Pour the sauce over the brisket. Cover the brisket with foil and cook 3 hours. Remove foil and cook additional 1 to 1½ hours until the brisket is fork tender and easily pulls away into shreds.
- Remove brisket from the oven and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Pull entire brisket into shreds to use in tacos.
- To assemble tacos, place corn tortillas between damp paper towels and heat for 30 seconds in microwave. Arrange hot tortillas on a platter and fill each tortilla with a generous portion of shredded brisket. Top with tomatillo onion cilantro salsa if desired.