Total Time:?3 hours
Prep Time:?30 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced sweet yellow onion
- 1 pound button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ? pounds Aidells Smoked Chicken Mango Sausage, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (15.5 ounce can) black beans
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sweet yellow onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add in chicken mango sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is browned and caramelized. Deglaze the pot with white wine and cook until wine has reduced by at least half.
- Add in the black beans, chicken stock, cumin, oregano, salt and chili powder. Bring to a slow boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 60 to 90 minutes until chili thickens. Or, after bringing to a boil, transfer to a slow cooker and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours. Adjust seasoning as necessary before serving.
Leave a Reply