Sweet corn kernels and creamy avocado slices make these simple black bean tacos taste extra special. The best part of this tasty taco meal is that it can be whipped up in a hotel room, office kitchen, or college dorm, since the only cooking appliance you need is a microwave!
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained (1½ cups)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium taco seasoning
- 6 6-inch yellow corn tortillas (we like Bfree)
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce or shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- ½ cup purchased pico de gallo or salsa
- ½ of an avocado, seeded, peeled, and chopped, or ½ cup purchased guacamole
- In a microwave-safe bowl stir together beans, corn, taco seasoning, and ¼ cup water. Cover and microwave 4 to 6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Lightly mash mixture to the texture of chunky refried beans, leaving some beans whole.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp kitchen towel; microwave 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. Divide bean mixture among tortillas. Top with lettuce, pico de gallo, and avocado. Serve immediately.