This great side has all the flavor combos you I love (heat, lime, smoked paprika).
- 4 tablespoons jovial Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- ½ white onion
- 1 fresh Thai red chili or 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lime
- 1 jar jovial Black Beans (13 oz)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pot and heat 1 teaspoon cumin and paprika on medium heat until fragrant (around 1 minute).
- Add dry rice and stir to coat with oil then add 1 ½ cups water and cook until all water has absorbed. Cover lid and leave to steam 10-15 minutes (the more the better).
- In another pot heat 2 tablespoons of oil, add 1 teaspoon of cumin and paprika. After 30 seconds add the onion finely chopped and chili (roughly chopped) or chili flakes. Cook until onion is soft.
- Once onion is soft, add 1 tablespoon of honey and the zest of one lime, along with the juice of half of the lime. Stir and cook for a few minutes or until the liquid is slightly reduced.
- Drain the black beans and rinse them under water. Add the beans to the onion mixture and stir fry for a couple minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and add it to the beans, mix until well combined.
- Finally, add the juice of the remaining half of the lime and fresh chopped cilantro. Serve warm.
Source: JOVIAL FOODS