Calling all blueberry lovers for this super simple 4-Ingredient Blueberry Jam Recipe (made with no added pectin)! This powerful antioxidant berry is simmered with zero refined sugar and perfect to top on pancakes, fresh toast or serve on happy hour cheese and crackers!
- 3 cups blueberries (frozen and thawed or fresh)
- 3/4 cup honey (you can use more or less depending on how tart your berries are)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Place the blueberries in a medium sized sauce pan and crush them with the back of a fork or using a potato masher.
- Add the honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest, then bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir frequently while the mixture boils for 15-20 minutes and it starts to thicken. The best way to test if it’s done is to put a spoonful in the freezer for 5 minutes. If it won’t easily pour off of the spoon when you remove it from the freezer, then it’s done.
- Skim off any foam, then ladle the jam into a sterilized jar.
- Store tightly covered in the fridge for a couple of weeks or you can use canning methods to store in a pantry for longer storage.