Make up a batch of these breakfast burritos and save them for a quick “on the run” breakfast. Easy to make, easy to save- a great breakfast option.
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp drained HATCH Select Diced Green Chiles
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 large gluten-free tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup HATCH Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 1/3 cups Tex-Mex cheese blend
- 4 tsp olive oil
- Whisk together eggs, 2 tbsp water, chiles, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet set over medium-low heat; cook egg mixture, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes or until eggs are set and soft curds have formed.
- Place tortillas on single sheet of foil; spoon scrambled eggs evenly down along center of each tortilla, leaving 1-inch border.
- Top with Green Enchilada Sauce, avocado, bacon and cheese.
- Fold up bottom edge of tortilla over filling, then fold in sides and, starting from the bottom, roll up tightly to enclose filling.
- Brush with oil and wrap tightly in foil.
- Heat large heavy skillet or grill pan set over medium heat.
- Toast burritos, pressing down with spatula, for 4 to 6 minutes or until toasted and warmed through.
Recipe Source: www.hatchchileco.com