Breakfast, as they say, is the most important meal of the day. Start your morning off right with these breakfast burritos, full of south-of-the-border flavor!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 4 (8-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded low-sodium reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa
- Spray medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add bell pepper, green onions, and red pepper flakes; cook and stir 3 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add egg whites to vegetables. Reduce heat to low. Cook and stir 3 minutes, or until set. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Stack tortillas and wrap in paper towels. Microwave on high 1 minute, or until tortillas are hot.
- Place one-fourth egg mixture on each tortilla. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold sides over to enclose filling. Serve with salsa.