Broccoli is a hardy vegetable that pairs well with bold flavors like Gorgonzola cheese. Let this rest before serving so flavors to have time to build.
Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
Prep Time: 20 mins
- 3 cups broccoli florets cut into bit sized pieced
- ½ cup jarred roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place broccoli, red peppers, cheese and sun flower seeds in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a measuring cup whisk together olive oil, vinegar and mustard powder until emulsified. Then whisk in lemon juice through black pepper.
- Pour dressing over broccoli and toss gently with hands. Refrigerate for one hour prior to serving.