This dish is a perfect rice substitute and can be made in under 15 minutes! Broccoli rice is abundant in superfoods like cilantro, dulse, spinach and of course – broccoli. A plant based meal that is loaded with healthy fats, protein, vitamins and minerals. Eating a plant based meal is important to ensure you are getting enough fiber and to keep your body alkalized, strong and balanced. Enjoy this delicious, warm or cold!
- 1 lb broccoli rice
- 3 T coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1 large red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 t mustard seed powder
- 1 t dulse powder
- 1 1⁄2 t salt
- 1⁄2 t black pepper
- In a sauté pan, add the coconut oil, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and mustard seed powder and saute for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the broccoli rice and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, spinach, lemon and dulse.
- Cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped herbs.
- Top with sliced avocado and pumpkin seeds.
Benefits: High in plant protein.
This dish is a great way to stay balanced when eating plant based a couple days a week!
Recipe source Chef Amber. Visit her website: Chef Amber.com
Recipe image provided by Hailee Repko CNW Agency
Sharon Palmer says
What is Dulse?