When you have kids with food allergies the Holidays can throw you into a panic thinking of all the fun holiday treats that your child may miss out on for class parties or parties with friends. Why not bring a little cheer with these cute and easy treats that are not only free of common allergy culprits but extremely fun and festive? You?ll be surprised how easy they are to whip up and the smiles shall be your reward long after the clean up is done!
Total Time:?40 mins
Prep Time:?20 mins
- 1 package of gluten-free brownie mix (We used Pamela?s)
- 1 package of white icing
- 1 package of fresh strawberries
- Prepare brownies according to package, use the cake-like version if possible.
- Wash and dry strawberries and cut off stem. With a knife cut a small crater in the bottom of the strawberry, which would be the top of the hat, to make room for some icing.
- Once brownies are cool. Cut out small circles using a knife or a small circle cookie cutter (I used the top of a champagne glass).
- In a circular motion cover the top of the brownie circles with the white icing, works best if you use a small cake decorating tool or put your icing in a plastic baggie and cut a small circle in the corner to squeeze icing through.
- Place prepared strawberry on top of the icing and push down a little to secure.
- Pipe a little more icing on the bottom of the strawberry (which is now the top of the hat).
- Serve. Or if serving later place in the fridge to keep icing and strawberries from running.