This rich dish is worth the splurge and a good side to try to sway people who aren’t the biggest Brussels sprouts fan.
This recipe is: Corn-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Rice-Free, Soy-Free
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup of dry white wine
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Trim bottoms of Brussels sprouts and loose outer leaves. Cut each sprout in half lengthwise and set aside.
- Place butter in a large skillet and warm over medium heat. When the butter has melted, swirl it to cover the bottom of the pan. Add the Brussels sprouts and sprinkle with salt.
- Sauté for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the garlic the last 30 seconds of cooking.
- Pour white wine over the pan and cover with a lid. Reduce the heat to low and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add heavy whipping and stir ingredients to combine. Cover with a lid and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Turn off heat, sprinkle Gruyere cheese over the pan and stir to slowly melt the cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
Leave a Reply