If you follow a gluten-free diet and miss your pasta, this choice from Charlie’s Table is just what you are looking for. Bucatini is most famously paired with Amatriciana sauce, named for the town of Amatrice in the Lazio region of Italy.
- 1/2 cup San Marzano tomatoes (crushed)
- 3-4 ounces chopped guanciale (or pancetta)
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- salt and black pepper or red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 9 to 12 ounces of Charlie’s Table Fresh Gluten-Free Bucatini
- Boil water and cook Charlie’s Table Bucatini for 3 minutes, or less for al dente.
- In a large pan, using medium heat, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions turn a light golden color.
- Add the guanciale (or pancetta) and cook until it is golden brown.
- Add the white wine and reduce to half.
- Add San Marzano tomatoes. Cook until the sauce is nice and thick.
- Add salt and pepper and/or red pepper flakes to taste.
- Incorporate the cooked pasta and add a little bit of water from the pasta if needed to prevent the sauce from getting too dry. Toss to incorporate all the ingredients together.
- Plate the dish, add the cheese on top, and serve.
Compliments of Charlie’s Table
Leave a Reply