The perfect balance between sugary and crunchy, this Butter Pecan Sweet Potatoes recipe will be your new favorite Thanksgiving side dish – or maybe your new favorite main dish, ever.
- 8 medium sweet potatoes, 5 lbs.
- 2-3 TBSP olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- 3 TBSP butter, melted
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 c. pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and quarter lengthwise, then cut into cubes about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread the potatoes out in a single layer on two baking sheets. Toss the potatoes with olive oil and season with sea salt.
- Cook both sheets until potatoes are tender, tossing occasionally, 25-30 minutes.
- Stir the melted butter, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl. Spread the pecan evenly over the sweet potatoes, and then drizzle the butter and sugar mixture over the top. Return to the oven and bake until butter mixture is beginning to bubble and pecans are toasted, about 8-10 minutes.
- Toss the potatoes together in a large bowl and check for seasoning, add more salt if needed. Serve immediately.