Curry gives this soup delicious flavor that’s not too strong for little ones. Using precut, already peeled squash from the supermarket is a time saver. Serve this with slices of toasted gluten-free bread.
This recipe is: Corn-Free, Dairy Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Rice-Free, Soy-Free
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into rings
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat canola oil in a large pot and add onions. Simmer until onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add squash, vegetable broth, brown sugar, curry powder and ground cinnamon. Turn up the heat to medium-high and bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until squash is soft.
- Blend, using an immersion blender, or once cool, in blender. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Leave a Reply