The Caesar avocado dressing gives this salad favorite a new level of creaminess and flavor.
For the Caesar Avocado Dressing
- 1 avocado, peeled and seed removed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2? tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ? teaspoon pepper
- ? cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Gluten-free croutons, if desired
- To make the Caesar avocado dressing, in a food processor or blender, combine avocado, garlic cloves, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pulse until a smooth puree forms. Drizzle in the olive oil while running the food processor until an emulsified dressing forms. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To assemble the salad, toss together chopped romaine lettuce, grated Parmesan and cherry tomatoes. Add in gluten-free croutons, if desired. Drizzle desired amount of avocado Caesar dressing on top of the salad and toss to coat all ingredients.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: Calories: 450, Fat: 35g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 830mg, Carbohydrates: 27g, Fiber: 7g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 12g