Sure, homemade onion dip takes longer than the “instant soup mix” version, but it is definitely worth the wait! Chips or veggies are perfect dippers!
Total Time: 45 mins
Prep Time: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups roughly chopped Vidalia onions
- 1 pint plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 3 teaspoons agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of minced chives
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil is shimmering, add onions. Stir regularly to coat the onions and ensure they do not burn. Cook onions on medium-low heat until completely caramelized and tender (approximately 30 minutes). If at any point during cooking, the onions start to dry out, add a tablespoon of water to the pot.
- Remove caramelized onions from heat and let cool. Add onions, Greek yogurt, goat cheese, agave nectar and salt to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Garnish with chives and serve with chips and vegetables.