Moist, sweet and subtly spiced, these muffins will become a new favorite. We use coconut oil for subtle flavor.
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup amaranth flour or millet flour
- 3/4 cup ground almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or oil with natural cooking spray and set aside.
- Place carrots and dates in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse and then blend until finely chopped.
- Add walnuts and pulse to finely chop.
- Transfer to a bowl; add oil, eggs and maple syrup, stir to combine completely.
- In a separate bowl, combine all remaining dry ingredients.
- Pour liquid ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.