These are so much fun to make! Cassava is yucca root, making it super high in fiber and a great grain free substitute for tortillas. The tempeh is filled with probiotics and high in plant protein so you’ll feel full and happy knowing your satiating meal is packed with healthy goodness!
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil ½ t salt
- 2 Tablespoon scallion, diced
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound tempeh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of 2 oranges
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Tablespoon sherry vinegar
- A couple basil, parsley and cilantro leaves chopped.
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the tortillas.
- Mash with your hands until smooth.
- Roll into balls.
- Press in between parchment paper or in a tortilla press.
- In a small pan on high heat, fry the tortillas on each side for about a minute. No oil needed!
For the tempeh:
- In a sauté pan on medium heat, add the oil and onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the tempeh and spices and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Scoop mixture into tortillas
- Finish the dish with the sherry, citrus and herbs and avocado.
Source: Chef Amber is an entrepreneur, spiritually-led chef, author, and owner of two restaurants known as The Source Café in Hermosa and Manhattan Beach, California.