Replacing couscous (which is not?gluten-free,) with minced cauliflower in this light and summery salad not only WORKS, but is totally delicious, refreshing, and fun to eat too.
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into chunks (6-7 cups)
- 1/2 cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 green onions, chopped
For the dressing:
- 6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice (1 – 2 oranges)
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
Add cauliflower to the bowl of a?food processor?fitted with the S-blade. Pulse until the cauliflower resembles couscous – that is, small bits but NOT mush. Pour into a large mixing bowl then add almonds, dried cranberries, dried apricots, and green onions.
Add dressing ingredients to a jar with a tight fitting lid or bowl then shake or whisk to combine.
Pour half over the salad then toss to combine.
Taste then add additional Tablespoons of dressing until desired coverage is?reached (may not need it all.)
Serve immediately or refrigerate up to a day ahead of time before serving.
Leave a Reply