Riced cauliflower replaces hash browns in these breakfast cups. Filled with a runny baked egg and plenty of bacon. They are the perfect low-carb breakfast at the start of a busy day.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets and steamed
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- 14 large eggs, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Drop steamed cauliflower into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until fine grains form, no bigger than the size of rice.
- Pour ground cauliflower onto paper towels and twist to wring out excess liquid. Do this up to three times until cauliflower becomes completely dry.
- Transfer dry cauliflower to a large mixing bowl. Add cheddar, 2 eggs, garlic powder, and salt and stir to combine.
- Distribute mixture evenly between muffin tins, about 1/4 cup each. Use your fingers to press mixture into the sides and bottom of each cup to form nests.
- Bake nests for 15 to 17 minutes until edges are golden.
- Add a sprinkle of bacon to the bottom of each cup and crack an egg on top, being careful not to break the yolk.
- Return to oven and bake for 7 to 8 minutes more until eggs are just set.
- Sprinkle with chives, pepper, and more bacon (if desired) before serving.