A low-carb and healthier take on old-fashioned potato salad, this cauliflower potato salad is sure to be a crowd pleaser at summer cookouts. Made with a creamy cashew dressing instead of mayo, the recipe is low carb, dairy-free, gluten-free, and paleo friendly!
- 5 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped red onion or shallot
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
Creamy Cashew Dressing
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews*
- 2 ½ Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard (yellow or dijon)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoons shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ⅓ cup water
- Place cashews in a bowl. Cover with water and soak for about 1-2 hours. Drain and rinse thoroughly.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes. Drain, run cold water over the cauliflower to cool. Drain completely.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Meanwhile, in a blender combine all dressing ingredients and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add the cauliflower, eggs, celery, green onion, shallot and dill.
- Add dressing, mix together well and refrigerate until chilled. Serve and enjoy within 1-2 days.