The creaminess of milk chocolate blends better with the chai tea flavors than the bitterness of dark chocolate.
Yields: 1 DOZEN (APPROXIMATELY)
Total Time:?1 hour 20 mins
Prep Time:?20 mins
- 3 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- ? teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 chai tea bag
- 4 ounces baking milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons salted, shelled, pistachio nuts
- ? teaspoon sugar
- Pour heavy whipping cream into a heatproof bowl or measuring cup.
- Place in microwave and cook on high for 15 seconds.
- Remove from microwave, stir in vanilla extract and place tea bag into the cream to steep. Cover the container with plastic wrap and let the cream sit on the counter.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Take a pot, smaller than the heatproof, and fill it halfway with water, so that the bottom of the bowl touches the water. Place the bowl into the pot and bring the water to a low simmer.
- Stir the chocolate with a rubber spatula to ensure chocolate is fully melting and velvety smooth.
- Add the cream mixture to the chocolate and stir until combined and smooth
- Pour the mixture into a shallow glass baking dish, cover with lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- While the chocolate is chilling, open the second chai tea bag and empty the tea into a food processor.
- Add the shelled pistachio nuts and sugar to the food processor and grind for 15 seconds.
- Pour mixture onto a small plate.
- Remove chocolate from refrigerator and take a measuring teaspoon and drag across the chocolate to form truffle balls. To form more rounded truffles, roll chocolate between your hands briefly.
- Roll each truffle through the cookie crumb mixture. Place each truffle into small decorative paper cup. Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.