Get a head start on this 45-minute cheesy chicken, beans, and rice casserole recipe for dinner.
Total Time: 45 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
- 1 can (18.5 oz) Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 box (9 oz) frozen corn
- 1 package (1 lb) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (4 oz)
- Heat the oven to 375°F. In ungreased 2-quart glass baking dish, mix soup, water, rice, cumin, pepper, beans, and corn. Top with chicken.
- Cover; bake about 30 minutes, or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut and rice is tender (or until interior temperature reaches 170 degrees F. Stir rice around chicken. Top with cheese. Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted