Taco night is one of my favorite nights of the week. I love tacos and I love trying new variations of them. These shredded chicken tacos are one of my favorites.
The chicken is super easy to make and uses spices you already have in your pantry.
- 4 cups water
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Add all spices and water into a stock pan and stir.
- Add chicken thighs.
- Bring to boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Lower heat and place lid on, slightly tilted to allow steam to escape.
- Cook for 30 minutes. Most of the liquid should cook off.
- Remove lid and use forks to shred chicken.
- Increase heat and allow any remaining liquid to boil off.
- Serve on warm tortillas with toppings of choice.