These super soft blondies are made with a few surprise ingredients. So simple, so irresistibly good and also protein-packed!
- 1-1/2 cups chickpeas, drained
- ? cup unsweetened, unsalted nut butter of your choice
- ? cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2/3 cup sugar (coconut sugar, brown sugar, date sugar, or raw sugar)
- ? cup coconut nectar or maple syrup
- ? teaspoon baking powder
- ? teaspoon baking soda Generous pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, or to taste
- ? teaspoon cardamom, or to taste
- ? teaspoon allspice, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch square pan or line with waxed paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and run until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake 30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Karen O'Keeffe says
Is this recipe missing an ingredient? Or perhaps the oats should have read 1 and 1/4 cups instead of just that little bit? It turned out as a gooey blob.
I will check with the person who submitted the recipe- did you drain the beans well before using?