It’s that time of the year again – love is in bloom! Roses make a wonderful romantic gift, but that’s not all they are good for. Whether its rose water or rose petals, these flowers aren’t just for adding flavor to your love life—they’ll add flavor to your dishes. You’ll be falling in love with these delectable rose-infused recipes just in time for Valentines Day.
Yields: 6 small servings
Total Time: 30 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
- 3 cups milk
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ pint cold heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated or powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon rosewater
- To make the pudding, set up a double boiler over medium-low heat. Whisk together milk, cornstarch, sugar and salt in the top of a double boiler.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes until mixture is slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Add chopped chocolate and whisk for approximately 5 minutes until very smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract. Cool completely with plastic wrap touching the pudding to prevent a film from forming. Refrigerate until chilled or overnight.
- To make the whipped cream, add cold heavy whipping cream and sugar to a slightly chilled bowl of a standing mixer.
- Whip cream until soft but firm peaks form. Add rosewater and whip again until incorporated. Top pudding with whipped cream and serve.