Who does not like cake? Chocolate and peppermint- what goes together better? This is an easy to make holiday dessert! You might want to make two- or hide the first piece so you do not miss out!
- Chocolate Cake Mix (We like Pamela’s) or your favorite chocolate cake recipe *use Good Karma Sour Cream in place of yogurt, milk or water
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 6 oz of dairy-free chocolate of choice, chopped, or chocolate chips, melted
- 1 C candy canes or peppermints, crushed
- Make the chocolate cake: use your favorite chocolate cake mix or recipe substituting Good Karma Dairy-Free Sour Cream for yogurt, milk or water. Stir in peppermint extract. Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into a prepared, and greased bundt pan. Bake at specified temperature for about 35 min or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely until flipping and removing from pan.
- Make chocolate topping: place chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Heat in microwave for 30-second intervals whisking in between until smooth and fully melted. You may also use a double boiler to melt chocolate if desired.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the bundt cake and sprinkle crushed candy canes on top.
Source: Good Karma Foods