The recipe is so simple that it takes mere minutes to throw together and bake. Even better? You’ll only need one bowl and a spoon to mix it with! These cookies will be a hit with everyone, gluten-free or otherwise.
- 3 cups gluten-free oats (such as Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup raw sugar (or use granulated white sugar)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (look for an unsweetened variety), room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 3-4oz bar 70% chocolate, broken up into small chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two baking sheets by lining with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the oats, sugar, peanut butter, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl and stir well until combined. Beat in the whisked eggs and melted butter and stir until batter is evenly mixed. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Drop 2 tablespoon-sized amounts of batter about 2 inches apart on the baking sheets, using a damp finger to flatten slightly. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 12-15 minutes or until golden on top.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
Great, another tasty cookie recipe which I cannot eat because of oats. My G.I. Doctor forbids even “gluten” free oats!
Sounds wonderful. If I’m going to make a comfort food, it might as well be Delectable!