Rich, fudge like brownies with a little kick from cayenne pepper.
This recipe is: Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free
Total Time: 45 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips, 60% cocoa, blended
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons double acting baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8×8 inch pan and set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in blender and pulse until ground. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- To the same mixing bowl, add gluten-free all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, espresso powder and cayenne pepper. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, mix together dark brown sugar, water, butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack before cutting.